Friday, February 6, 2009

Finally, Pictures!


Ok here are some pictures for you enjoyment! They're a little bit out of order, sorry!


Here we are with the Nishimura family:
Mike, me, Lori, Keiko's husband
(left to right) Minako, Dr. Shin, his wife Keiko, and little Yugi (Yuki? still not sure)








Here's Lori and I with Keiko. She's kind of like our "mom" here and makes sure we get to the right places on time. We ask her about a million questions each day.













This is Naomi. She goes to the nursery I've been helping at after school. Her mom works at the kindergarten, so she's come back with Mike and I somedays.


Here I am with Naomi and another little girl from the nursery. So cute!!



Here's lots of cuties. They love doing the peace sign for pictures. This was at the nursery, but most of these kids go to the kindergarten during the day too





This is one my aprons we have to wear at school. The cartoon is AnPanMan, a favorite for the kids.




Two boys from the school, again with the peace sign.







Here's one playground structure the kids love playing on. Some if it looks like it would be scary for little kids, like climbing up the ladder to the rocketship, but they are such daredevils!







Here's the dome. Gym class and assemblies are held under here and we use it to play soccer (more like keep-away) with the kids.






This might be my favorite playground structure. It's a big friendly dinosaur! And it has a soccer ball!












The bottom part of this building is a classroom where Lori, Mike and I practice listening to Japanese words. we also work with the kids on English here and have our Gospel Choir practice. Half of the upstairs is the room I share with Lori. The other half is a classroom, so we get to hear little kiddies learn during the day.










Here's the inside
This is the front of the school. The upstairs is where Mike's room is. He was locked our one night and had to climb up there to get in!















Here's part of our room! Have a nice little desk and some comfy couches and lots of drawer space. We have a small half bath, and we have to go downstairs to take a shower, make food and do laundry












Here's our beds. Lori has the bottom bunk that looks like a puppet show theater and I have the top that looks like a baby crib!











I'll be taking lots more of kids and our trips as time goes on, which I'll post too. We're going to Tokyo this weekend, so I'm sure I'll have lots from that trip too.
















3 comments:

  1. stephanie... did you take a photography class????

    if so, it doesnt show.


    :) I appreciate you... even though Im mean sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pics. They were most enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rocket ship is so sweet! You can bet we don't have one of those at the Imagination Station!

    ReplyDelete